Let’s start by answering the question: What is a podcast?
A podcast is a digital audio or video periodical that can be downloaded from the Internet into any device.
The audio can also be played online, just like when you watch Youtube videos or stream Netflix Movies.
One can say that a podcast is simply a customizable and downloadable audio program/file that can be uploaded to a website or blog.
Where to find Podcasts
Most podcasts are uploaded on popular platforms like iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud, and many other websites.
Related Article: Where Podcasts are published?
The rise of technological development in multimedia equipment manufacturing, as well as the existence of these websites for storing and sharing content, has led to the rise and popularity of Podcasts in the 21st century.
Although many years ago podcasts could mainly be listened to through iTunes on iPods, today they are hosted directly on websites.
One of the most popular examples of a podcast, which covers topics related to the real estate sector, is BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast, that is by is hosted by Brandon Turner and David Greene.
Through any device that plays music or a player hosted on the internet, you can listen to the interviews that Brandon Turner and David Greene conduct with different guests, in different episodes.
Each episode contains analysis, discussions, and comments on a specific general theme, so that small chunks of content are created for the listeners periodically.
Podcasts are growing popular and currently, various radio stations already have their own podcasts which allow you to listen to their station when they are not live or online.
This section answers the Frequently Asked Questions on Podcasting.
Origins of the word Podcast
Podcast = iPod + Broadcast
Podcast is a portmanteau, a made-up word coined from a combination of the words iPod and broadcast.Oxford Languages
Year coined: 2004
Who coineed the word Podcast?:Ben Hammersley
Who can host a podcast?
- Anyone with the qualities of a great Podcast host. – A podcast is normally directed by a presenter and or different collaborators and interviewees, who, during a certain period of time, reveal and develop a specific theme or themes, The agenda is to form or coming up with different episodes that run on that or several subjects and themes.
- Experts on a certain topic e.g Russel Brunson, Tim Ferris.
Why do some businesses have Podcasts?
- Marketing purposes – Podcast Marketing is an important pillar of Digital Marketing – Internet Marketing.
- Educating prospects, clients and customers about the company’s products and services.
- Business branding.
- Personal branding for the Podcast host.
Related Article: Why you might need a Podcast for your business or brand?
Why people listen to Podcasts?
- To stay up to date on trending issues in their favourite industries.
- Podcasts are easier to listen compared to Video. One can listen to a Podcast anytime anywhere.
- Most Podcasts focus on a certain niche – this makes them popular.
Related Page: Podcasting 101 – How to create your own Podcast.
|Name or Title||Is it a course or an ebook?||Duration or Page Bumber||Link to access|
|Launch, Market And Monetize A Podcast||Online Course||2.4 Hours, 22 videos||Watch the free preview|
|So You Want to Start a Podcast: Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Story, and Building a Community That Will Listen||Book / eBook||227 pages||Check the ebook here|
|Podcasting Made Simple: The Step by Step Guide on How to Start a Successful Podcast from the Ground up||Book / eBook||126 pages||Check the ebook here|
|Podcasting: How to Start a Podcast and Create a Profitable Podcasting Business||Book / eBook||140 pages||Check the ebook here|